Portable Car Garage and Carport – A Guide to Buying a Portable Shelter
Looking to purchase a portable car garage? Car shelters are your vehicle’s best friend as they protect them from the harmful elements. They come in many different sizes so that you can find the perfect one for your needs. Also, the possibilities for using them have no limit as they can be used as garages, any portable building, and more. As or after you get a carport, you can find endless ideas to use them.
If you are looking for an alternative to a permanent garage, a carport is an affordable solution. Wondering how much does it cost to build a garage? Let’s discuss it in detail…
How much does it cost to build a garage?
Though the actual cost to build a portable garage may vary, the average cost to build a carport is under $6,000. On the other hand, the average carport prices are approximately $24,000. These are just estimates for basic design as there is an incredible number of variables that go into any construction projects, permanent or temporary. Put simply, a detached carport can cost anywhere from $3500 for a basic design up to $50,000 for a customized carport with storage.
If you want to keep the garage prices under control, all you need to do is put some thought into what specs or requirements you have for your garage. Also, you can create a budget to keep a check on the cost and have much more accuracy. It is extremely important to weigh all the benefits as well as the potential pitfalls of building a garage so that you invest your hard-earned cash the right way. However, spending more on high-quality materials is much more beneficial than spending less on low-quality ones.
These days, sizes and configurations of portable car garages and carport are almost limitless and that’s why you need to be mindful while making the section. One of the biggest factors for determining what type of garage will suit you is how many vehicles need a home in it.
Car Garage Plans
Looking for 2 car garage and 3 car garage plans? Well, it is always good to have some extra space so that you can use it for both car parking and a storeroom. A broad selection of designs is available for garage roof, doors, bays, styles, and sizes. The 2-car garage plans may have two overhead doors or one large door or one oversized door with one smaller door. Moreover, they may have two or more bays at the rear if you want a drive-thru garage bay. For oversized vehicles, deeper and taller bays are perfect. Some other things that contribute to the garage plans include the rooflines, exterior finishes, and design combinations.
Take a look at some of the popular car garage plans:
Ø 2 Car Garage Plans
Ø 3 Car Garage Plans
Ø 4 Car Garage Plans
Ø Basic Garage Plans
Ø Jumbo Garage Plans
Ø Oversized Garages
Ø Designer Garages
Ø Customized Garages
Wondering how much to build a 2 car garage? You can check out the plans offered by different builders and choose as per your budget. The garage plans are available in a variety of styles!
Garage Design Ideas
Do people gaze at your yard that is stuffed with so many things, as your vehicle is outside? Well! Your garage design has to be perfect so that you can not only park your vehicle but also use the space to store everything in the right manner. If you are looking for some garage design ideas, the following tips might help:
· Consider building a large garage as there is no single use of these versatile shelters.
· Consider the best possible location for your portable garage that is safe and convenient in all ways.
· Try matching the garage with your home’s style so that it seems to be a perfect part.
· As you have couple different material choices for your garage, make sure you choose the one that takes fewer efforts to maintain.
· Make the smart use of available space so that you have an option to turn your carport into a storage solution.
· Design in a way that the garage might be used for and accommodate other important things.
· Take expert advice to find the perfect garage design that caters to all your needs.
Type of Garage：
When deciding to build a garage in your residential or commercial property, one of the first steps is selecting the garage type. There are so many different types of garages but you need to find the one that best caters to your needs.
Before selecting a garage plan, you need to understand the different types of garages and their features. To make things easier for you, we have listed some popular garage types:
ü Metal Carport – One of the most beneficial additions to your property is a portable metal carport. It is a great way to save a huge amount of money while still protecting your valuable vehicle assets. You can have the carport designed as per your unique needs as metal can be molded in many ways.
As far as the benefits are concerned, a metal carport has a lot to offer such as:
- Easy to install & maintain
- Provide extra storage space
- Can be customized when needed
- Come with different options
- An economical choice
- Built for longevity and durability
ü Aluminum Carport – An aluminum carport can not only protect your vehicle from harmful weather conditions, but also looks great. It can also be transformed into a storage area when required as it ca protect everything from the elements. As aluminum is a lightweight and durable material, it can be a great alternative over other materials.
Take a look at the benefits of having an aluminum carport:
- Looks great as aluminum never rust
- Stands the test of time
- Offer structural simplicity
- Provide unparalleled functionality
- Keep vehicles safe without spending a fortune
- Stand up to most weather conditions
ü Steel Garage – Whether you want to add a portable garage to your property or just increase the storage capacity, a steel garage can be a perfect choice. Steel has many advantages that make it a great material for building a garage. A steel garage offers much more flexibility compared to other types of garages.
Here are some major benefits that a steel garage can offer:
- Offer great durability
- Minimal wear and tear
- Saves time as it can be completely prefabricated
- Saves money as it is a cost-efficient way
- Decreases the carbon footprint
- Easily modified and replaced
ü Wood Garage – Wood has always been a preferred choice for constructing garages as it is a great material in many ways. A wooden structure not only protects against harmful elements but simply lends beauty and value to the home. Garages that are constructed from properly treated materials can best protect the vehicles.
Listed below are some great benefits of a wood garage:
- An environment-friendly solution
- Less likely to be damaged in the short term
- Increases the aesthetic appeal & merge with gardens
- Available as prefab wood garage kits
- Recycled materials are available
- Offer insulation characteristics
ü Prefab Garage – Maybe you are thinking of buying a new car and don’t have time to build a garage. A prefab garage can be a great solution as all you have to do is assembling the pieces. Also, these types of garages come in many shapes, styles, and sizes to suit your unique needs.
Check out the following benefits that you can enjoy:
- Offer different design options
- Much less expensive than other options
- Come in kits that require simple assembly
- Customizable as per needs
- Lasts longer without elaborate maintenance
- Adds to the value of your property
ü Carport Kit – Carport kits are very much useful and beneficial for those who want an easy and quick solution for their vehicles. You can find these kits for structures that are partially open and need to be rearranged as per your specific needs. They often come with a service room for maintaining vehicles and storing accessories and tools.
Take a look at the advantages of carport kits:
- Custom designed to meet your specific needs
- Helps solve any problem instantly
- Make utility carports, heavy equipment storage, recreation canopies, etc
- Configure to your circumstances
- Available in many sizes and colors
ü RV Carport – RV owners often get stressed when it comes to having a proper shelter for their vehicle. An RV carport protects from all the elements that can damage your RV. Also, these structures are a perfect solution for storing tools and accessories required to maintain the RV.
Here are some great advantages of RV carport:
- Reduces the amount of damage your RV experiences
- Offer versatility which makes life easier in more ways
- greener alternatives are available
- Protects the interiors by blocking sunlight
- Saves money on storage solutions
- Variety of carport plans available
ü Pole Barn Garage – A pole barn is a building method with no basement and a high ceiling. This is a popular construction method when it comes to building a garage as well as other buildings like a workshop, storage units, shed, etc. With pole building construction, you get a less expensive building.
Mentioned below are some benefits of a pole barn garage:
- Meets the exact specifications
- Can be built on uneven ground
- Requires less material which translates into construction affordability
- Offer post frame building strength
- Provides a blanket of unbroken insulation
- Have a very classic look
ü Garage with Loft – If you intend to build a new detached garage, consider building it with loft as it offers many advantages. This design concept provides the additional space that can either be used as a storage unit or a workshop. You can find a design that meets your needs and suits your budget.
Take a look at some benefits of a garage with loft:
- Provides double the garage space
- Serves as a living space or a guest room
- Offer time and money savings
- Plans can be modified and customized
- Keep valuables away from vehicles
- Adds to home value
Carport with Storage
A carport with storage offers dual benefits of a garage and a storage unit which makes it a perfect solution. You can not only park the vehicles and save them from external elements but use the space to store other valuables. Utility carports provide a small enclosed storage area, allowing you to securely store things like vehicle maintenance tools, lawn tractor, garden supplies, and other equipment.
Garage Builders Near Me – Choosing the Best！
Whether you are looking for a simple carport with storage or double carport enclosed carport, you can easily find some builders near you. However, the key to success lies in finding the right builder to build the garage or carport.
Here are some popular garage builders that you may consider:
§ House of Cabins (South Africa)
§ Elangeni Buildings Garages (South Africa)
§ Value Garage Builders (USA)
§ American Garage Builders (USA)
§ Garage Masters (Canada)
§ Premier Built Garages (Canada)
§ Dencroft Garages Ltd (UK)
§ Concrete Garages (UK)
As you will find countless garage builder near you, be mindful and choose the perfect fit for your needs.
Can I buy an Aluminum Tent as a Carport?
As aluminum is a durable material, it can be used to build garages and protect vehicles. If you don’t have time to build a portable aluminum garage, using an aluminum tent can be a great option. It can keep your vehicles far away from the elements that can damage your valuables. Speaking of safety, aluminum carports offer a shield from vandalism or other random attacks which means you get protection against burglars. You can also use it as a porch if you want some additional space.
Check out the main benefits of an aluminum tent as a carport:
Enjoy function and flexibility with garages and carports!