How to Put Up a Party Tent – Installing Different Types of Tents
There is no more welcoming place for a party than a tent as it’s like a blank canvas where the sky is the limit. A tent allows you to create any theme and revamp any space as per your preference. If you have decided to host a party in the beautiful outdoors such as a garden, your backyard or any other venue, you need to select the right kind of tent.
However, selecting the perfect party tent is not an easy breeze as it takes into account a lot of things. There are many different types, styles, and sizes to choose from which makes the selection further challenging.
Let’s dive deep and check out some popular tent types…
What are the Different Types of Outdoor Tents?
So you’ve decided to host the party in the beautiful outdoors. For a truly stress-free outdoor party experience, you need to select the right type of tent. To make things easier for you, listed below are some popular tents…
ü Pole Tent
ü Frame Tent
ü Marquee Tent
ü Clear Tent
ü Sailcloth Tent
ü Carnival Tent
ü Teepee Tent
ü Indian Themed Tent
ü Tropical Style Tent
How to Put Up a Party Tent?
Putting up the party tent right is as important as choosing the right type for your event. A good setup can transform any space into a party venue. Also, it adds to the safety apart from boosting the aesthetic appeal.
Here’s how to put up a party tent successfully and make your venue a great place to have fun…
ü Choose an Appropriate Location – Before you rent or buy any type of tent and start thinking about its setup, it is imperative that choose a proper location. Explore the area where you want to host the party and check the surface. You must be thinking why it’s important to know the area… because all tents are not meant for all surfaces. If you’re planning to install a pole or frame tent, it’s best to put it up on a soft surface, such as grass or sand. It will ensure that the tent is properly grounded and everyone inside it is safe from harsh weather such as wind, rain, sun rays, etc. Also, it ensures that the tent remains sturdy and secure even during challenging climate conditions.
ü Assemble the Tent – Depending on the type of tent you choose, follow the instructions provided and start assembling. If you’re planning to setup a large party tent, you can ask for professional help as most of the reliable companies provide installation services which also include transportation, delivery, set up, and take down. However, if you prefer DIY (doing it yourself), every tent structure comes with an installation guide which makes it easier for you to understand the layout and put it up.
ü Fortify the Tent – No matter what type of tent you choose, you will need to tie the tarp to stakes in the ground to ensure it is properly grounded. This will prevent the tarp from coming off the poles and keep the venue safe. Most of the tents come with straps and strings attached to the tarp for tying them with the ground. If you are using a tarp, throw it over the erected poles and ensure it is tightly pulled over every corner.
Let’s discuss putting up some popular type of tents…
How to Put Up a Pole Tent…
1. Take the tent out of the bag and unfold it slowly, one fold at a time.
2. Spread out the tent, take the metal poles and lay them on the ground. Lay them close to where they will be erected and connected.
3. Take the stakes and drive each of them into the ground using a sledgehammer. Drive each stake a few inches away from the tent.
4. Take the guy ropes and use taut-line hitch knots to tie it to the stake. Leave some slack to put up the center pole and start doing the job for all corners first.
5. After attaching all the guy ropes to their respective stakes, it’s time to start putting up the metal pole. Start from one corner by sliding the pole in, placing the tip through the grommet hole, and finally putting it up. Do the same with all corners while leaving some slack on the guy ropes.
6. After placing all perimeter metal poles, put up the center pole. Slide the pole underneath the tent and put it up through the appropriate grommet. Get the center pole completely vertical and tighten the perimeter poles.
7. Dislodge the corner metal poles and pull against the center part of the tent to ensure that ropes are tightened and the poles are steady.
8. If using sidewalls, it’s time to install them.
Note: The above-mentioned are some basic steps you need to install a tent but it’s advised to go through and follow the instruction manual.
How to Put Up a Frame Tent…
1. Find a perfect location to install a frame tent as these are commonly used for large events and quite expensive.
2. Most of the frame tents come with an instruction manual which includes the diagram that lists all the frame parts. So, take the diagram and start working as per the steps are given.
3. Lay out all the frame parts on the ground in a manner with how they will be put together.
4. When all the frame parts are flat on the ground, start with the roof support parts and start assembling using small connectors that look like crowns.
5. Connect all the necessary poles to the crown and secure each one of them by placing a pin through holes.
6. Connect crown with the metal poles and then connect the two crowns with the concerned metal pole.
7. When inner poles have been connected, start connecting the perimeter poles.
8. Get the ropes and tie them securely to the corners so that you can use weight bags and stakes later.
9. Now lay down the drop cloth on the surface and pull the canopy over the roof frame.
10. Smooth out the canvas and use the straps on the canopy top to attach it to the metal poles. Now out the tent up on its metal legs and attach them to the base plate while securing everything with a pin.
11. Lift one side of the tent framework to attach the legs and you may need some professional help to do this task as you should not lift one corner at a time.
12. Make sure that all legs have been installed around the frame tent and now the take the ropes connected to the metal frame and toe the other end to the anchors.
As there are so many different types of tent out there, describing each one of them is quite challenging. Every tent comes with an instruction manual, as mentioned earlier also so that you can understand the structure and put it up. However, it is not recommended to do-it-yourself if you’re planning to install a big tent for your party. Take professional help as they are trained to do the job efficiently and without getting hurt.
Materials Needed to Put Up a Tent…
No matter what type of tent you’re putting up, there are some basic things you will be going to need such as…
- The Tent
- Instruction Manual
- Frame Tent Jack
- Drop Cloth
- Stake Diving Tools
- Safety Gear
- Weights or Stakes
- Make sure that the surface is free from sharp objects.
- Unpack the tent and all of its parts very carefully.
- Use safety gear before using any kind of tools.
- Keep pets and children away from the site.
- Do not put of a tent in the outdoor midst extreme weather conditions.
- Take professional help for installing large tents.
What are the Benefits of Using Tents for Outdoor Events?
Holding an outdoor party or event gives you the chance to use your creativity to the full extent. If you’re planning to host an outdoor celebration, of any size, it’s worth to consider whether or not you need a tent. Tents not only protect you and your guests from harsh weather conditions but have countless benefits.
Some of the benefits of using tents for any outdoor events are:
Ø Tents provide a cozy and comfortable space to you and your guests, no matter the weather.
Ø They add a fun and festive element to any event and also set the tone right from the start to finish.
Ø Renting a tent in advance keeps you stress-free as you know your guests are protected from the weather.
Ø Tents provide a relaxing and shaded space, making it much more comfortable and enjoyable for guests to sit and have fun.
Ø Tents add ambiance as you can use any type of decoration and lighting to make it as happening as possible.
Ø Tents provide with privacy by creating a smaller, defined area to pull everyone together.
Ø Tents make it easier to handle a crowd by defining every corner.
Ø Tents provide a blank canvas to create any themes or layout.
Ø Outdoor tents help you keep the mess outdoors and easy cleanup.
Ø The tents are easy to put up and available to buy as well as hire.
Ø Tents offer a fully controlled branding environment when used for corporate events.
Ø They are an ideal tool for welcoming guests and provide comfort for display representatives.
Ø Tents protect expensive display equipment against the weather.
Ø A tent comes in all shapes, styles, and sizes and can be effectively used for a variety of events.
Ø Using tents, you can transform any venue the way you want.
Ø Outdoor party tent rentals are much more affordable as compared to reserving a large venue.
How to Make the Best use of Outdoor Tents?
The best kinds of outdoor parties are well planned right from choosing the tent and outdoor décor to fun activities. It also has plenty of food, a slew of functional furnishings, and most importantly dependable outdoor lighting. Whether you have a backyard or selected a venue far away from your home, you can use outdoor tents and bring life to your event.
Here’s how to make the best use of a party tent…
· Go for weatherproof tents and décor
· Pick the most suitable tents & structures
· Choose an experienced and reliable tent supplier
· Choose a caterer that has the right equipment
· Pay attention to safety, emergency, and traffic control
· Use appropriate lighting and functional furniture
· Don’t forget the tiny details
With proper planning and foresight, you can make your party an unforgettable event, no matter the weather!
Are you prepared for a magical party?