There are not a lot of fitness trackers that can withstand getting wet. If you are looking for something capable of counting your laps and resistant to the effects of moisture, then you would love this guide on the best waterproof fitness tracker.
Why should I buy the best waterproof fitness tracker?
Whether you are looking to monitor your sleeping habits, beat your best running time or trying to lose weight, getting yourself a waterproof fitness tracker will especially come in handy and for good reasons too. Today, fitness trackers are especially useful in helping one to become more consistent with exercise and activity goals.
Some of the best waterproof fitness trackers are designed to look and fit around your wrist, similar to a watch. Their major functions, amongst numerous others, includes tracking your movements and reading your biometric data so as to provide you with a thorough and complete record of your daily activities
It is no new knowledge that technology and water are not the best combinations; however, the most recent design of fitness trackers are not just dustproof but also water-resistant (waterproof). This means that you can now easily track activities like running in humid conditions and swimming. What's more, this new waterproof feature also prevents your fitness tracker from malfunctioning or damaging due to sweat. It's a win-win.
After extensive research, we discovered some of the best waterproof fitness trackers, each with its unique features that will no doubt meet the user's requirement. Over the past few years, this little gadget has successfully risen to prominence, so if you are looking to purchase a fitness tracker for the first time or simply want to upgrade your current tracker, then look no further as our guide is sure to come in handy.
What to consider when buying the best waterproof fitness tracker
There are a host of factors to consider, especially when looking to purchase the best waterproof fitness tracker; while researching this list, we took time to consider some of the most important ones you might want to note down.
- Durability: one of the most essential features to consider when purchasing a waterproof fitness tracker is durability. Technologies today are usually rated on the Ingress Protection Scale. Thisusually determines the extent to whichit is capable of handling dust and water.On the other hand, fitness trackers work withmaximum depth hence or decision to select water-resistant trackers that are capable of functioning up to 50ft below water.
- Battery Life: It can befrustrating having to go for a long run only to discover that your fitness tracker ran out of battery and, as such, failed to recordyour data. This is why our guide focuses on waterproof fitness trackers with exceptionally long-lasting battery life and without the needfor constant charging.
- Health Features: the main aim of putting on a fitness tracker is to record and monitor your health. What good is it if itcannot perform such a specific task? This is why when purchasing a water fitness tracker, you might want to ensure that it covers some basic health features like tracking distance travelled, sleep, heart rate, and calories burned.
- Smart Features: Traditionally, waterproof fitness trackersperform the job of monitoring your health; however, and as an added benefit, it can come in handy to purchase a fitness tracker with smartfeatures like displaying your text messages or guiding workout routine; this will in turn aid in complimenting theprimary function of your device.
- Value: When purchasing any product, it is pertinent to ensure you get the value for your money. Such discretion shouldbe applied in this instance when looking to get the best waterproof fitness tracker.
Here are some of the best waterproof fitness tracker
- GARMIN VIVOACTIVE HR GPS
Reason to Buy
- GPS tracking
- High-resolution interface
Undoubtedly one of the biggest brands in the tech industry, Garmin has successfully made a name for itself. Its waterproof fitness tracker is not an exception. It is fitted with a GPS tracking feature to allow for proper recording and monitoring of your activities at a high-resolution touch screen interface. The Garmin Vivoactive HR is also capable of lasting up to 8 days in activity or smartwatch tracking mode, as well as an estimated 13 hours in GPS mode, all thanks to its impressive battery life. Its high water-resistant feature allows you to carry it along for all your underwater related activities. Finally, thanks to Bluetooth connectivity, it functions seamlessly with your other devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Long-lasting battery life
- Seamless Bluetooth Synchronization
- Constant heart rate monitoring
- It doesn't last as long as other trackers
- The display tends to start flickering after a while
- SAMSUNG GEAR FIT2 PRO
Reasons to Buy
- Compatibility with Mobile device
- Capable of tracking calories
- It comes in various bundles, colours and sizes
Samsung seems not to be left out in the race to provide the best waterproof fitness tracker, especially with this their high-level technology, the Gear Fit2 Pro. It not only comes in various two unique colours and sizes, but it is also designed with a water-resistant capacity of up to 50 meters which means you get to have it around your wrist when you go swimming on snorkelling activities, or any other underwater adventure. It is capable of monitoring and tracking heart rate and calories to better provide users with an understanding of how to manage one's health.
- 50-meter water resistance
- Functions seamlessly with various fitness and health-related mobile apps
- Limited battery life
- It tends to damage easily if handled roughly
- LETSCOM HR FITNESS TRACKER
Reasons to Buy
- Long-lasting battery life for up to one week
- Active heart rate monitor
- Capable of tracking at least 14 exercise modes
This one of a kind waterproof fitness tracker allows the wearer to switch between comfortable and bendable bands. One unique feature of this device is that it will enable you to choose from 4 customizable clock faces, each having different information and style. In addition, it is fitted to track 14 exercise modes that include; badminton, and hiking, amongst others. It actively and accurately monitors heart rate and has a battery life lasting up to 7 days.
- Easy to understand OLED touch-screen
- Interchangeable bands
- Not as durable as other fitness trackers
- Increased usage results in battery plummeting
- LINTELEK FITNESS TRACKER
Reason to Buy
- Constantly monitors heart rate
- 14 sport modes
If you are looking for an easily affordable fitness tracker capable of monitoring your heart rate daily, then look no further than the Lintelek Fitness Tracker. It is a handy portable device that is also able to track your sleep at night. Lintelek is also equipped to record and monitor your workout time, the steps, and the calories you consume, all of which can be viewed on the Very Fit app. It also allows users to get notifications from various social media platforms, including WhatsApp, Twitter, and Facebook, amongst others.
- 7-day long-lasting battery life
- Quick and easy charging on a USB port
- Ease of receiving notifications
- It tends to be uncomfortable to wear for people with larger wrists
- Sometimes delivers inaccurate stats
- MOREPRO HEALTH FITNESS TRACKER
Reasons to Buy
- Long-lasting battery life
The MorePro fitness tracker provides a range of three colours to choose from. It is the perfect blend of portability and affordability. It is fitted to monitor every aspect of healthcare. Its features also include a sleep monitor that provides efficient reading. In addition, it delivers a well-calculated health report, and its 10-day battery life relieves the stress of having to charge constantly. Furthermore, it can seamlessly sync and connect with other devices thanks to its Bluetooth compatibility.
- Low profile design
- Compatible with Bluetooth devices
- Available in different colour designs
- Fails to detect stationary activity
- Not as durable as the more slightly expensive models
- GARMIN FORERUNNER 735XT
Reasons to Buy
- 24/7 heart rate monitor
- Shockproof capability
The Garmin Forerunner 735XT is a suitable option, especially if you are looking for a GPS running watch with varieties of multisport features. It reads and monitors your heart rate allowing you to run freer on cardio days. With respect to its battery life capacity, this fitness tracker can last you over 11 days in smartwatch mode, 14 hours in GPS mode, and an estimated 14 hours in Track Mode before the need to recharge. This waterproof fitness tracker also delivers modified dynamics on cycling and running, including balance and vertical ratio, especially when paired with HRM-Run or HRM-tri Monitor, all of which are sold separately. The Forerunner 735XT also offers features such as the race predictor and recovery advisor, amongst others, when used with a chest strap or heart rate monitor. All these benefits point to why it is one of the best fitness trackers on our list.
- Free clock faces and customizable with numerous apps
- Comfortable silicone band
- Schedules workouts
- Higher price point as compared to other waterproof fitness trackers
Fitness trackers are best for anyone who wants to stay active and monitor their lifestyle without hassles. With the tips we’ve outlined, you can shop for the best fitness tracker to meet your unique needs.