Adding a good quality computer speaker can bring in a massive improvement to the overall sound experience of built-in speakers from the laptop or PC. With many people still juggling the new hybrid working style between home office and workplace, you need to invest in a good desktop setup for improving the overall experience. However, what constitutes the best computer speakers for you depends on your requirements. For example, PC gamers may wish for something that heightens the surroundings. Music lovers may need a system that pumps out a well-balanced and dynamic sound. Let's look at the best computer speakers based on performance, price, and use.
Best Computer Speakers with Subwoofers
- Logitech Z407: If you are looking to keep within the budget while buying a speaker set with a subwoofer, there is a great alternative available in Logitech Z407. The computer speaker is similar to the flashier Logitech model G560 in the sense that it comes with a couple of tweeters and a subwoofer. However, it does not offer all the gaming styling and lights you associate with the fancier kit. The 80 W speaker system can connect with Bluetooth and a micro-USB. So, you can easily connect them to your mobile phone. It comes with terrific pricing, a wireless control knob, and it is easy to set it up. There is a booming sound on offer with the Z407.
2. Bose Companion 5:For the people looking for a subwoofer together with the computer speakers Bose Companion 5 is a great solution. If you use a couple of speakers and a subwoofer, you can get a terrific sound quality. Everyone cannot afford the place to have a complete audio setup. This speaker allows a small surround-like setup although it is not a real surround sound. This is a good budget fit for movies and music lovers. In case you enjoy gaming, this is a better alternative than stereo speakers. The remote control is available albeit it comes with a small wire. If you have a decent budget and are looking for an audio experience of a subwoofer with speakers the Companion 5 is a terrific alternative.
Best Wireless /Bluetooth Computer speakers
- LG UltraGear GP9: It is easy to mistake the GP9 as a standard gaming soundbar at the first glance. But it is a lot more than that. It can act as a wireless speaker having in the excess of 5 hours of battery life. So, it means you may drag the speaker into the living room to provide a sound boost to the TV if it has Bluetooth. Or, you may connect it to the mobile phone to enjoy some tunes. This is a tiny speaker with just 3 pounds in weight and 15 inches in size. It does a great job of creating a virtual 3D surround sound with its FPS mode setting. The device works well with several consoles and devices. The Bluetooth speaker also has a built-in mic to perform voice chatting. Although some may argue about the $499 pricing, this speaker does it all and then more.
- Audioengine A2+: This is one of the best available compact wireless computer speakers out there and it comes with a classic design. It can fit on any desk. The controls, various ports, and amplifier are available on the left speaker. There is a standard cable that connects with the right speaker giving an amplified sound from the left speaker. To achieve the best results possible from the speakers, you need to ensure that they are angled in the direction of the listener or at ear level. There are several connections available including a 3.5 mm aux input, RCA input, and a micro-USB input. The RCA input for the subwoofers also is present. Apart from the Bluetooth connection, Audioengine has covered almost all the connectivity alternatives.
What is a 2.1 Speaker System? Best 2.1 Computer Speakers
A 2.1 computer speaker system includes a couple of speakers and a subwoofer. There are right and left channels available. Some of these speakers are developed well and they can impress you with the detailed sound effects and a clean surround sound. The 2.1 computer speaker comes with subwoofer augmentation. This ensures that you are getting what you can expect from a high-quality speaker. Many times, it is easy to get overwhelmed by the alternatives available and end up buying the wrong product. Here are a couple of the best 2.1 computer speakers available.
- Cyber Acoustics CA-SP34BT 2.1 Bluetooth Speakers: If you are a party animal this device is suitable for your needs. Cyber Acoustics CA-SP34BT 2.1 Bluetooth Speakers are wireless and there is some LED lighting available that will brighten your rig. However, apart from the lights, do these speakers perform? If you consider the price point, these computer speakers sound unbelievably clean and with the subwoofer providing a thumpy kick. Although the bass is not exactly earth-shattering, it is more than what regular stereo speakers can provide. The only problem is that all the controls are on the subwoofer. It is a small one and can easily sit on the desk providing better reachability. But generally speaking, you may wish for the subwoofer to be on the flooring. The speakers also do not recall the previous settings you used. This is a minor problem though. The build quality on offer is excellent and the Bluetooth pairing is pretty good. Bluetooth is used for audio input only and the speakers use wiring for connection.
- Edifier M3200 2.1 Speakers: The Edifier product comes with a stylish design. the hourglass used by the M3200 will draw your eyes to them the moment you set eyes on them. Although the speaker is not just about the visual appeal. There is a tweeter on the top part and mid-range speakers available at the bottom. So, together with the subwoofer, you get 5 speakers in total for your investment. The sound output provided by the speaker gives a clean, accurate, and crisp sound. If you use the equalizer with it, you will get decent sound output. In case the bass appears to be overwhelming, it may be adjusted by using the control knob at the subwoofer back. This can be inconvenient when the subwoofer is placed on the floor.
What is THX Certified Speakers? 2 Best thx Computer Speakers
The THX standard was created by Holman by working together with Lucas film studio for devising a standard for the production of audio. THX is an acronym and the long-form is Tomlinson Holman's eXperiment. The THX standard means the quality of the system is ensured for the audio. The standard certifies that the audio on the system will follow strict rules for extremely high-quality sound playback. These systems are so good that they can be used for cinema or professional theater systems. You can also get simple home theater systems and surround sound systems for the computers.
- Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX: In case you are searching the market for computer speakers that come with a subwoofer, a great alternative is Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX. The audio quality provided by the speaker is pretty impressive and there is a wide soundscape available that permits you to hear the subtle nuances when you are listening to music. You can get detailed instruments, vocals, and sound effects. This is useful for the listeners that like to indulge in video games and movies. Every satellite sits beautifully on the desktop side or laptop side also. However, there is a dealbreaker. There is no Bluetooth. Placing the big subwoofer can be a bit of a problem for some people. But if you have the additional room for storing the subwoofer this speaker can provide a robust bass.
- Altec Lansing 5.1 Speaker System: This is one of the best-sounding THX-certified computer speakers you can hope to get. Although the Altec products are usually loud, you will not be required to raise the volume by more than half unless you are using the speakers in a huge living room. The satellites available use a two-way design and come with dedicated tweeters. This translates into better clarity in both treble and mid-range. The subwoofer available on the 5.1 is dynamic and punchy and does not have a booming sound. There is plenty of bass impact even at the lower or moderate listening levels. The computer speakers were manufactured for Dell by Altec Lansing. There is no need to turn up the volume when you are looking to get the intelligible dialogue.
How to Connect Speakers to a Computer?
One of the important factors when deciding the computer speakers to buy is the space available to you. If you have the requisite space you can think about getting a 2.1 speaker. For connecting USB speakers or headphones you need to insert the USB connector of the speaker into one of the available USB ports of the computer. For connecting the speakers to a laptop without a port you need to insert the mini plug into a headphones port. In case your speakers have a subwoofer, the correct speaker can be plugged into the subwoofer. You can also plug a speaker into a running computer.