What is a Kid’s Doctor Set?
A kid's Doctor set is essentially a box containing all toy instruments that look precisely like the actual tools used by doctors in the hospital. The idea behind a kit or set for kids is to give the feeling of an actual doctor, especially when one's kid loves to imitate a doctor or fancies the idea of becoming one in the future. The kid's doctor set usually contains a toy syringe, stethoscope, and thermometer. They are undoubtedly the perfect gift for your kid, especially those who wouldn't mind practising the profession someday.
Types of Kid's Doctor Set
- Kid's Doctor Set With Toy Stethoscope: This type of kid's doctor set retains the idea of completely going the way of making every tool an exact imitation of the actual medical tools. Therefore, all the tools in the set are entirely designed to be as child-friendly as possible.
- Kid's Doctor Set with real Stethoscope: The other variety of the kid's doctor sets are the ones that come with a real stethoscope. This means that your kids can actually listen to your heartbeat using the stethoscope. One significant advantage of this is that it may ultimately stimulate the urge to adopt the medical profession in the future.
How to Choose the Best Kid's Doctor Set
We've got some tips that you may want to consider while choosing a kid's doctor set. Let's take a look at them.
- Material used: While some materials can easily be washed when stained, others may not. Kids may sometimes get the tools in the doctor's sets tainted with ink or grease; it is, therefore, important that such tools can be washable.
- Age of Child: The child's age should be a significant consideration in selecting the perfect kid's doctor set. Some sets come with several tools that can only be appropriately handled by more older kids. Hence, for kids aged below 6, you may want to consider doctor sets that contain only the essential tools.
- Price: Price is undoubtedly a vital factor to consider. To get good value for your money, make sure you pick a set that compares just as much as other products within the same price range. You don't want to choose a kid's doctor set at a rather hefty price while there are better options with a lower price or just as much.
- Safety: While several kid's doctor sets are generally considered to be safe for children, it is important to avoid picking a set with so many tiny tools that may end up causing injury to your kids, especially the much younger ones.
- Set Contents: The kits' content also matters a great deal. For some kits that contain real stethoscopes that afford your kid the chance to listen to the heartbeat, caution must be taken to prevent the possibility of damaging the ears from frequently listening to loud heartbeats.
Here are 6 Best Kid's Doctor Set;
1. Fisher-Price Medical Kit, Preschool Pretend Doctor Playset
Reasons to buy
The Fisher-Price medical kit comes with 7 pieces of tools that imitates real readings. It is ideal for children between the ages of 3 to 6.
- Stethoscope: the toy stethoscope allows your kid to check the heart beats of their friends, siblings or even stuffed toys.
- Otoscope: It assists them to take a check into the ears of their patients to determine its state. They can tell if there are lots of ear waxes in there with a quick peek.
- Thermometer: the thermometer comes with a button that allows them to pronounce a patient sick or well with a single press.
- Blood pressure cuff: With a gauge that spins, the blood pressure cuff can allow them to tell your blood pressure level.
- Syringe: This set also comes with a toy syringe that makes injecting their patients look more fun.
2.Melissa and Doug Doctor Role Play Costume Dress-Up set
Reasons to buy
The Melissa and Doug set comes with a Lab coat or jacket that makes it easy for your kid to adorn the complete attire of a doctor. The additional nose mask gives the feeling of taking extra medical caution while working on a sick patient.
- A Doctor's coat: The Melissa and Doug set comes with a coat that brings that extra feeling of a professional doctor in a work outfit. That feeling of "I'm set for work" will only make kids more enthusiastic.
- Stethoscope: The child-friendly stethoscope comes with special sound effects that makes the handler feel a form of simulated heartbeat of his patient. The extra fun of telling their patient what they feel about their heartbeat can bring that feeling of "Dr. Cool" for them.
- Syringe: They get to have the fun of taking the shots when they feel like it's about the right time for their patients.
- A Nose Mask: This gives the feeling of added security when attending to sick patients. You don't want your little doctors to feel they may get an infection from sick patients.
3.GINMIC Kids Doctor Play Kit
Reasons to buy
The GINMIC Kids Doctor Play Kit comes with tools designed with only round edges that make safety of your kids assured. It also includes a coat with large pockets that can easily house the tools in the box.
- Box Content: Contains a mind-blowing 22 items in the box, which include additional tools like eyeglasses, doctor's pliers, an oral mirror, a pill case and doctor's scissors, amongst others.
- Electronic Stethoscope: the GINMIC Kids doctor set features an electronic stethoscope that makes play all the more fun by producing different sounds and lights.
- Crossbody case: This kid's doctor set is a 2-in-1 storage case that allows you to handle it easily like a briefcase or choose to use the belt to carry the case around your neck like a crossbody bag. This allows your kid to move the set around quickly.
- Otoscope: Your kid can get to check out the state of their patients' ears with this child-friendly tool.
- Operating tools: the box contains tweezers, forceps and scissors that can allow your kids to have the fun of simulating an operation on the patients they believe may need extra medical care.
4.Tresbro Doctor Kits for Kids
Reasons to buy
The Tresbro Doctor Kits for Kids do not only come with tools for your kids to act as medical doctors; they can also play the role of a Dentist too. Moreover, it features an actual stethoscope that works like the real ones used by doctors.
- A Real Stethoscope: Let the play gets real with an actual stethoscope. With a real stethoscope, your kids can get to listen to real heartbeats and find playing the role of a doctor more fun.
- Prescription chart: The Tresbro set features a prescription chart that lets your "doctor kids" record the perceived diagnosis of their patients and also take prescriptions. The chart also allows them to build their vocabulary and be more enthusiastic about their spelling and writing ability.
- Removable teeth set: This is particularly ideal for the kids who prefer to play the role of a dentist. They can get to study the function of the various part of the dental system and be more confident about their next visit to the dentist. There's also a toothbrush that allows them to simulate how to clean their teeth.
- D Card: Take it up a notch with an identification card that makes them feel they are a registered doctor.
5.UNIH Pretend Playset
Reason to buy
The UNIH Pretend Playset comes with a package that takes your kid the extra mile of performing the role of a medical doctor and a veterinary doctor. They can get the fun of inspecting their pets too.
- A Veterinary Set: The set comes with tweezers, a comb, a test tube and a clamp that allows your kid to simulate the act of caring for their pets. This set aims to develop your kid to have empathy toward animals.
- A Plush Dog: The set features a washable stuffed pet that your kid can use to showcase their veterinary skills.
- A Stethoscope: With a children-friendly stethoscope, they can tell the heartbeats of their pets, stuffed toys and friends.
- Otoscope: Your kids can get to inspect the ears of their pets and friends.
- A thermometer: This allows your kids to tell how well or unwell their patient is.
6.B.Toys Deluxe Medical Kit
Reasons to buy
The B.Toy Deluxe set is a complete package of medical kits. It affords you the chance to have all essential doctor tools in a single box. Your kid can get to pick only the ones they need for the day's job. It also features a beeper that makes the pretend game more fun.
- A Beeper: To make the pretend game less boring, the B.toy Deluxe kid's doctor set comes with a beeper that alerts your kids to remind them of their next appointment. With this, they can choose to play only when they hear the beep.
- A Sturdy Case: With a sturdy case, your kids can travel with their kid's doctor set without fear of possible damage to the box or its contents.
- Blood Pressure Cuff: It features a blood pressure cuff that looks like an actual one. With it, they can tell their patients one or two things about their health.
- Stethoscope: The friendly stethoscope comes with different heartbeat sounds that allow them to tell the status of their patient's heart.
Does a Kid's Doctor Set come with a Box?
Absolutely. All top kid's doctor sets are packaged in a box to allow your kid to move them around easily.
Are Kid's Doctor Sets safe for children?
Most top-rated Kid's Doctor sets come with tools with round edges and, therefore, are generally safe to use.
Does a Kid's Doctor set come with a real stethoscope?
Some brands come with a real stethoscope; others have heartbeat sounds installed in them so that your child doesn't miss out on the fun.
Can a 5-year-old kid use a kid's doctor set?
Most kid's doctor sets are ideal for children aged 3 to 6
Can I give my kid a kid's doctor set as a gift?
Yes! Kid's doctor sets are the perfect gifts for your kids who love to play the role of a doctor.