Should I buy a Schwinn IC4 Indoor Cycling Bike?
Exercise is a must no matter what. After all, having one or two sessions a week would greatly benefit the body. And one such exercise is cycling. Cycling is a popular exercise and activity, especially among the youth. This aerobic activity is not that complicated. And it is quite gentle to your back, hips, knees, and ankles. It really is a top-notched cardio exercise. And thanks to the improvements and developments in the fitness industry, you can now do this top-notched cardio activity in the comfort of your home as well. And this was made possible by the various indoor cycling bikes currently available on the market, such as the Schwinn IC4 Indoor Cycling Bike.
Given the popularity and benefits of cycling, it is not surprising that many are doing it. However, while cycling is an amazing and great cardio exercise, there are always some limitations. Ideally, cycling every day or every other day is a great activity, but this is not always possible due to other factors such as the weather and work commitments. And this is where indoor cycling comes into the picture. Indoor cycling bikes let you cycle in the comfort of your home while giving you greater authority over your workout through better control of the resistance, cadence, and intensity. And one of the best indoor cycling bikes you could rely on is the Schwinn IC4 Indoor Cycling Bike.
Schwinn IC4 Indoor Cycling Bike is probably a good saver in terms of price. Peloton took the people’s following through its interactive programming. But it comes with a price, a rather high price. But the Schwinn IC4 Indoor Cycling Bike provides the same app connectivity, durability, and functionality for a lower tag. So, if you are not planning to spend that much on such exercise equipment, Schwinn IC4 Indoor Cycling Bike is undoubtedly the best choice you have.
Furthermore, Schwinn IC4 Indoor Cycling Bike could be a solid addition to your home gym. It provides the same benefits as outdoor cycling. It can work out your heart, lungs, legs, hips, glutes, and blood vessels. Hence, it could increase your muscle strength, increase your cardiovascular fitness, improve mobility, lower your cholesterol, strengthen your bones, and improve coordination and posture. It could also help in burning calories.
Given these things, it would be really great if you would buy a Schwinn IC4 Indoor Cycling Bike. It has many features, a more affordable price tag, good compatibility with workout applications, and a longer warranty than similar stationary bikes.
What are the Pros & Cons of Schwinn IC4 Indoor Cycling Bike?
Like other products, Schwinn IC4 Indoor Cycling Bike also has its strengths and benefits. These things are the ones that you should consider if you are thinking of buying a Schwinn IC4 Indoor Cycling Bike.
- Bluetooth connectivity.Schwinn IC4 Indoor Cycling Bike is equipped with Bluetooth technology to connect with various workout and fitness apps and platforms like Aaptiv, Zwift, Apple Fitness, and Peloton.
- User Interface.There is no video screen built into this indoor cycling bike; however, it has a small LCD to show ride time, heart rate, distance, and RPMs. Schwinn IC4 Indoor Cycling Bike can be used independently, even without an app connection thanks to this LCD.
- Better warranty.The warranty of this indoor bike is relatively better than the others. It is longer and covers more things. Schwinn IC4 Indoor Cycling Bike has a 10-year warranty on the frame, a 3-year warranty on the parts, and a 1-year warranty for the labor. Moreover, the labor and parts warranty could be extended by up to five years through the Schwinn Protection Plan, which would only cost you an additional $109.
- 100 micro-adjustable resistance levels.The resistance level is an important part of cycling, so controlling it is great. And that is what the Schwinn IC4 Indoor Cycling Bike provides control of the resistance. Between the seat and the handlebars, there is an adjustable knob that users could use to adjust the resistance level of the indoor bike from levels 1 to 100.
- Highly Comfortable.This indoor cycling bike is highly comfortable too. It has many handlebars and seat adjustability that could cater to persons of various heights.
- This indoor cycling bike has a price tag below $1000, and given its various features, this price tag is more than a bargain.
- The other things that come with this indoor cycling bike, like the device/tablet holder, three-pound dumbbells, dual water bottle holder, and heart rate monitor, are great additions since you don’t need to buy them separately.
- Time-consuming assembly.Unlike the others, this indoor cycling bike consumes more time to assemble. The activity is not difficult as it comes with detailed instructions and complete tools. The steps are relatively easy too, but the problem is that there are too many steps you need to accomplish to complete it, and the parts are not clearly labeled.
- Occasional Streaming issues.A smooth exercise is preferable, but there are some instances where you might experience occasional streaming issues while using this indoor cycling bike.
- Not ideal for tracking.While tracking is important, this bike does not automatically log your stats as others do. So, if you want to monitor and track your activity stats, make sure to use a compatible app that can do this. If you can’t find one, there is also the option of taking pictures of it or manually writing it.
What’s it like to work out on the Schwinn IC4 Indoor Cycling Bike?
Working out in the Schwinn IC4 Indoor Cycling Bike is a great experience. Since this one could be paired with apps like Peloton, exercising and following workouts became easier. There might be some occasional streaming issues while doing this, so it is suggested that you preload things. But on a brighter note, the LCD is a great tool that could help you monitor your activity. And monitoring one’s activity is important when one is exercising.
Thanks to its magnetic resistance and 40-pound flywheel, the Schwinn IC4 Indoor Cycling Bike is relatively quiet and smooth to use. Even if you rock from side to side, this bike would sturdily remain in place. The 1 to 100 levels of resistance are also great in tailoring one’s workout to their preferred intensity level. Through the knob, one can adjust the resistance up and down. And though this feature appears to be simple and insignificant, it is actually not, since most of the time, this kind of feature could only be found on more expensive bikes.
And while pedaling, the U-shaped handlebars could provide users support that is comfortable. These handlebars are comfortable and give users various ways of placing their hands. The adjustable seat also helps in giving a personalized vibe to it.
How much is the Schwinn IC4 Indoor Cycling Bike?
One of the biggest factors why Schwinn IC4 is an equipment that is good to buy is its price. If you are not willing to fork too much, Schwinn IC4 Indoor Cycling Bike could be a good choice.
This exercise equipment retails for under $1000, $899 to be exact. Buyers could opt to buy this indoor cycling bike and pay the bill promptly or through installment through Schwinn’s interest-free financing plan that gives buyers a choice to pay $49.90 a month for 18 months.
The $899 tag of the Schwinn IC4 Indoor Cycling Bike is relatively cheaper than others when one considers the various features it has. Moreover, this price includes the heart monitor and 3-pound dumbbells – two things that incur additional costs in others. Furthermore, buyers do not need to pay a shipping fee for a 121-pound box if they buy directly from the brand.
If buyers want other things than the one mentioned above, they would naturally make additional costs. Some costs that buyers need to keep in mind are tablets (if you do not have one) and the price or subscription of the fitness app you chose to use alongside this indoor cycling bike. One such subscription is the Peloton App which requires a monthly subscription fee of 12.99.
The bike's warranty is also long, so you do not need to worry about it, but if you want an extension beyond the warranty period, you will need to pay an additional $109 (5-year warranty extension for labor and parts warranty the Schwinn Protection Plan.)
Given the things above, the price you need to pay for the first year (the bike and the subscription) would be around $1054.88 or $1055.
Can Schwinn IC4 exercise bike compete with the Peloton? Is it worth buying?
There is no doubt that Schwinn IC4 can compete with Peloton. It is a cheaper and wonderful alternative for at-home fitness enthusiasts who may not want to fork out too much for exercise equipment. Users are also positioned to save more just in subscriptions alone. In terms of features, Peloton may have WIFI, but IC4 has Bluetooth. Peloton may have a swivel monitor, but Schwinn has an LCD backlit display. And Peloton does not come with included accessories, while Schwinn IC4 comes with 3-pound dumbbells and a heart monitor. Admittedly, the experience is not as immersive, but with proper setup and proper mindset, you can still have that same sweaty, fulfilling, and calorie-burning workout results that you are craving.