Why should I buy the best kid’s RC Plane?
An RC Plane or a remote-controlled plane is a portable flying machine that is usually operated by a controller who uses a remote to determine the direction of the aircraft. The remote is equipped with a transmitter that sends a signal to the server of the small flying machine. Through the joysticks on the remote control, the controller determines the direction of the plane. Today flying the RC plane has not only become a hobby for kids but even for adults. Over the years, the RC planes have undergone modifications to adjust their weight, enhance their performance and increase the power of their motors while also making their battery durable. Several types and brands of RC Planes for kids and adults now exist in the market.
Primarily, Kid's RC planes, like most other RC planes, are used for recreational purposes. You can take having fun with your kids to a whole new level by going outdoor with them to give them that extra exhilarating experience of flying their own plane. Indoor games may be relaxing and fun too, but buying your child a kid's RC plane means they get to add an outdoor experience to their childhood activities. Moreover, getting an RC plane for your kids will give an experience that's as adventurous and breathtaking as owning an actual aircraft, only that the pilot will be on the ground while controlling the RC Plane, which is a lot safer than being inside plane. Additionally, you can get to fly at the speed you desire.
5 tips to consider when buying the best kid’s RC Planes
The following tips may help you make a good choice of RC Plane for your kid.
- Age of Child: Flying an RC plane requires a level of maturity and the ability to get the key combinations and controls right. Therefore, you may want to tread carefully by making sure your kid has the proper mental alertness to learn the basics of flying a Kid's RC plane.
- Power Source: Not all RC planes come with rechargeable batteries. While some are powered by fuel, others are powered by gas or electricity. However, most kids' RC planes come with standard AA batteries. Be sure to confirm the presence of the batteries and for how long they can last.
- Installation: You need to consider how easy you may find installing the RC plane. Some RC planes come preinstalled, while others may require you to string them together.
- Flying Space: While some homes may be big enough for your kid to fly an RC plane, others may be too small. You don't want your kid running into a stranger's apartment to pick up their aircraft. Consider at least a 3 feet by 4 feet space to fly.
- Availability of spare parts: Aside from considering how easy it may be for you to replace the propellers or wing gears easily, you may want to consider getting an additional battery that will make you enjoy a more extended period of flying. Hence, consider a kid's RC plans that will afford you these opportunities.
Here are 10 best kid’s RC planes
1.LEAMBE Mustang Remote Control Aircraft Plane
Reasons to buy
The Leambe remote control aircraft is particularly unique for the U-turn function that allows your kid to control the plane towards the controller or back to its starting point so you don't lose your aircraft.
The Leambe Mustang remote control aircraft is equipped to perform various aerobatic moves while in air by pressing a button on the transmitter. With an efficient gear box power system, you can surge further in high speed. With an efficient gyro stabilizer system, the Mustang kid's RC plane is able to fly more reliably and perform aerobatics even in slightly breezy areas. "The lighter, the better".
The Mustang kid's RC plane is relatively light and requires a simple toss in the air to begin flying. It also has a blade protector system that allows it to survive possible crash. It comes with a 3-mode feature that allows all categories of kids to learn, whether a beginner or an expert. With a Battery of 3.7v, it can fly a distance of over 300 feet. On a single charge, it can survive for close to 12 minutes.
- It has a U-turn system that allows you to safely fly home.
- It’s built to survive crash
- Lasts only 12 minutes of fly time
2.HobbyZone RC Airplane Aeroscout
Reasons to buy
Aside from its various fascinating functions, most spare parts of the HobbyZone RC Airplane Aeroscout for kids can be found in the market. This means that you don’t have to toss it off for losing the gears.
The HobbyZone RC Aeroscout for kids is perhaps the most ideal RC plane for beginners. It comes with a manual that allows you to easily string all the parts together for use. Interestingly, even if you send your RC plane crashing to the ground, the Aeroscout is already equipped with a panic recovery mode that allows it to return to a flying mode. It comes with a SAFE technology system that enables the aircraft to survive a possible crash. It comes with a 3-model user interface that allows you to move from a beginner to an intermediate level gradually and subsequently to expert mode. It comes with a USB, type C, which allows fast and convenient charging. It is equipped with a brushless power system that will enable you to perform aerobatics in the air efficiently.
- Easy to assemble
- Panic recovery mode in the event of a possible crash
- Requires assembling before use.
3.HAWK'S WORK 2 CH RC Airplane
Reasons to buy
With Hawk's Work RC Airplane, your kids can fly their remote control plane with other kids without fear of possible interference. Even at a distance of 100 metres, it is programmed to be jam-resistant.
The Aircraft is equipped to imitate the take-off style of a real airplane. It is programmed to take off after a 5 to 10 metres run on a runway. It comes with a gyroscope stabilisation technology that ensures stability while travelling, thus preventing inconsistent movement that occurs in some RC planes for kids. With its entry-level mode, your kid can easily learn how to fly the aircraft as a beginner. It also comes with two 300mAH capacity batteries with each having the ability to fly for 20 minutes each, which means you get to enjoy 40 minutes of flying experience. In the event of a severe damage to your propeller or landing gear, the aircraft comes with spare ones that you can count on. The package also comes with 3 extra remote controller batteries in the event of a possible damage or depletion to the ones in the remote.
- Extra propeller and landing gear
- A stabilisation system
- User friendly
- No in-built crash protection system
4.E-flite: UMX RC Airplane Turbo Timber BNF
Reasons to buy
The UMX Turbo Timber is indisputably the complete package. It comes with led lights that allow you to keep track of your Airplane even in dark spaces or environment.
The E-Flite Turbo Timber doesn't need you to assemble it before use. You can begin flying almost immediately. It comes with a SAFE system that allows you to quickly switch to beginner mode in case you lose control of the aircraft. It also allows your kids to manoeuvre in different styles and directions after mastery of the beginner mode. The aircraft is equipped with a short take-off system that enables you to begin flying within seconds. To provide a full flying experience, the E-flite UMX Turbo Timber comes with led lights that allow you to fly at night. It is also equipped with rugged gears that will enable your kid to begin take-off , even on bumpy or rough runways.
- Short take-off time
- Rugged gears
- Led lights for night flying experience
- Quite pricey
5.Sport Cub S V2 BNF Basic
Reasons to buy
The Sport Cub S V2 is a relatively small aircraft with a powerful gyro system that makes it an excellent choice for beginners. It is an ideal gift for your kids if you think it will take time to adapt.
The HobbyZone Sports Cub is particularly ideal for beginners looking to fly a RC plane. The beginner mode allows your kid not to get overwhelmed by the more complicated expert mode. There's also a panic recovery button that allows you to stabilise the aircraft at a regular altitude. Tossing the plane in the air can allow you to begin flying immediately. It's also equipped to let your kid know the state of the battery through the transmitter.
- Tells you the status of your battery
- Spare parts are readily available in the market
- Panic control mode for kids
- Does not come with a transmitter
- Battery is to be purchased separately
6.Top Race Remote Control Airplane
Reasons to buy
The Top race RC plane for kids is a preassembled package that comes with six-axis gyro technology that allows your kids to find flying extremely easy and comfortable.
The Top race aircraft is built with powerful propellers that ensure it doesn't break if there’s a crash. It is equipped with three modes for learners, intermediate users and experts. It is an aircraft that is light in weight and relatively easy to fly with 3-speed modes for all categories of users. Additionally, it comes with a spare battery that gives you the extra flying time.
- Already preassembled, can be used immediately
- Strong propellers equipped to withstand heavy impact
- Does not come with remote controller battery
7.F.U.Fitrota Kids Rc Plane
8.GoolRC FX801 RC Plane for Kids
9.VOLANTEXRC RC Glider Plane for Kids
10.EagleStone RC Airplane for Kids
Video about how to choose a good RC Planes